Thursday, October 2, 2014

Breakfast at Earl St Grill in Daytona Beach

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day and I love finding little mom and pop breakfast restaurants to try! On our recent stay in Daytona Beach, Earl St Grill was right across the street from our hotel so we opted to try it out rather than hitting up the Dunkin Donuts close by.

 photo EarlStGrill.jpg

The restaurant was completely empty because 1.) it was a Wednesday and 2.) the tourist season had just ended and kids were all back in school. We walked in and found a big corner booth to sit at. Our waitress came out to great us and seemed surprised that we came in. I think she was the only one there because she disappeared for a while to cook our breakfast (I'm assuming). Pop must have been resting for the day!


The restaurant was tiny with only about 10 booths inside, a few tables outside, and some seats at the bar top.

 photo EarlStGrillRestaurant.jpg  photo EarlStGrillBar.jpg

I started out with a Bloody Mary because duh, I'm on vacation! It wasn't the best bloody mary I had ever had which I feel ultimately depends on the mix you use. I've become an expert Bloody Mary drinker since I started about a year ago. ;)

 photo BloodyMary.jpg

Breakfast was okay. I had eggs, sausage, bacon, and pancakes. I like my breakfast pretty simple like that. The pancakes were kind of stale and I couldn't eat much of them. Mom had potatoes which she was happy to share and they were awesome! Unfortunately I don't have any photos because apparently we were pretty hungry that morning! You'll just have to check it out for yourself!

 Overall, Earl St Grill hit the spot for the most part but left me wanting a little something more. The food is priced right though and beats a quick meal at Dunkin Donuts!

What are some of your favorite places to eat in Daytona Beach?

No comments:

Post a Comment