Saturday, April 26, 2014

Singing to end homelessness in Central Florida!

I came across a charity competition for a great cause here in Central Florida a few weeks ago and decided to sign up to Sing To End HomelessnessMusic has always been a big part of my life so I love that I can do something that I enjoy and help people in need at the same time! 

The competition is hosted by A Grateful Mind which is a community outreach services agency that provides emergency crisis assistance and educational resources to homeless and impoverished men, women and children of Central Florida. They help these families through their crisis and help get them back on a path in which they are able to provide for themselves. The homelessness rate in Central Florida continues to rise despite the fact that the number of homeless people in the state of Florida is shrinking. 

The auditions for the competition were held today at the Discount Music Center on LB McLeod Rd but they are still accepting video clip auditions by email until April 30th! Check out the competition site for more information here! The results will be posted on the website next week!

The Grand Finale is Sunday, May 18th at 6pm at the Discount Music Center Event Hall located at: 3301 Gardenia Avenue Orlando, FL 32805

I decided to sing "You" by Chris Young which just so happens to be Matt and I's song.  
You can check out my audition clip below:

1 comment: